Considering I have a lot more knowledge on blogs and how they work, I can see myself using them in my future classroom and during student projects. Blogs are becoming more and more popular in schools nowadays. They are an essential key in learning.
I would have my students make a blog at the beginning of the school year and have them use it frequently; every week. During their weekly blogs, I would have them discuss what they've been learning and questions they may have. With the use of blogs, other students could reply and interact. Blogs are a well developed teaching method. Students would be engaged and hopefully stay interacted with one another by replying on others posts.
As I was reading through one of David Warlick's blogs, I noticed something extremely interesting which caught my eye. One of David's thoughts was distinguishing if children are 'students' or 'learners'. This quote from Warlick caught my eye, "What surfaced in my own thinking was that educators continue to think of their charges as students, rather than thinking of them as learners."
This was an interesting remark because once I put more thought into it, I realized this statement is entirely true. In my view as a future educator, I believe children are both students and learners; they intertwine with each other. They are a student in the classroom, but at the same time, they are learners as well because everything they do requires some sort of learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment