Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Service Project: Day 1

Hello! Tuesday was the first day I met with my students for the Service Project. I'm working with 2 kindergarteners from Flour Bluff ECC. Their names are Bailey and Carson. The teacher chose students that she thought would work well with me for the project.

On Tuesday, before we got started on the actual project, I explained to them into depth about what we were going to do so they would understand better. They were so excited that they were chosen and that their parents are letting them be involved.

I let their teacher decide on the topic. So hopefully she'll be able to use the voice thread or video for future science lessons. We are doing the service project over the life cycle of a frog. Once I told Bailey and Carson, they were even more excited.

On Tuesday, I led them through the KWL Chart. Since they are kindergarteners, they had no idea what KWL chart was or what essential/ unit questions were. After I briefly explained these topics, we completed the KWL chart and the questions.

Since they have a short attention span, it was difficult to complete anything else.

Check out Carson and Bailey's blog!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is absolutely great that your students were excited about working with you! That makes the learning environment so positive. And who does not like to be chosen for a special task? Good luck for the rest of your service project!
    Shalece

    ReplyDelete