Today was the second time I met with my students for the service project. At first they seemed a little bit more focused than Tuesday but after a while, I was sadly mistaken.
To start off this session with them, I introduced some sample videos about the Life Cycle of a Frog so they would have a better understanding about what the video would be like once we create it. We watched about 3 videos. Which all of them included a ton of great information!
After I showed some videos from YouTube, we gathered information for the video. Since my students are only in kindergarten, I didn't let them use the computer. But they showed me and told what I needed to do. They were a lot more technologically savy than I thought they would be at that age!
I could tell that after a while of gathering some information, they were losing focus and starting to ask when we would be done. I figured it would be a good time to end it since I showed them the main things I needed to.
When we meet next week, we'll start the storyboard and hopefully start recording. But we may have to have another session to record the video because I don't want them to lose focus. But I am excited to collaborate the final video and see how it looks!
I also showed my student the life cycle of the frog video and KWL chart to help him understand. The only difference was that I was working with a 7th grader. I have a feeling that it was much more relatable to your students than mine. However, it did help in his understanding. My student also began to lose interest after a while so we would take mini brakes. This seemed to help some, but I wish there was a way to make it a little more exciting.
ReplyDeleteShalece